MERCY WEIGHT LOSS AND NUTRITION CENTER'S
Intuitive Eating: Weight Management Class
This program is led by Katie Kruger, RD, LD and is designed for the "chronic dieter" and covers the "Ten Principles of Intuitive Eating" including:
- Reject the Diet Mentality
- Honor Your Hunger
- Make Peace with Food
- Challenge the Food Police
- Respect Your Fullness
- Discover the Satisfaction Factor
- Honor Your Feelings Without Using Food
- Respect Your Body
- Exercise - Feel the Difference
- Honor Your Health
This is a 12 week series and runs every Wednesday from 5pm-6pm. Cost is $120 for YMCA members and Mercy employees and $180 for others (fee includes Intuitive Eating book). To register or for more information call Mercy Center for Weight Reduction at 515-358-9400 or visit www.mercydesmoines.org/weightloss.
Dates: September 26th, 2012
Time: Every Wednesday from 5-6pm
MERCY WEIGHT LOSS AND NUTRITION CENTER'S CLASSES
Mercy Weight Loss & Nutrition Center is pleased to offer the following taught by Mercy weight loss and wellness experts. These classes are free to YMCA members.
Live Healthy, Cook Healthy, Be Healthy
Sponsored by Iowa Diabetes and Endocrinology Center and Mercy Weight Loss and Nutrition Center, Live Healthy, Cook Healthy, Be Healthy Is a three-pronged approach to healthy living at the YMCA Healthy Living Center (Y-HLC). The program consists of a weekly exercise class, followed by fellowship time and an educational class. The exercise class is open to all Y-HLC members and the general public is welcome and encouraged to attend the educational class. Please call 515-358-9400 with questions.
Click HERE for a brochure.
These classes are held every Tuesday at 6:30pm:
- May 14th - Community Supported Agriculture at The Homestead
- May 21st - DASH Diet
- May 28th - Sugar - Our Sweet Addiction
- June 4th - The Weight of the Nation
- June 11th - Stress Busters
- June 18th - Fantastic Foods for the 4th
- June 25th - Thyroid Dysfunction
Cooking Demonstrations are held on Saturdays at 10:00am to 11:00am
- May 11th - Under the Sea - A World of Nutrients
- May 18th - From Garden Gate to Dinner Plate
- June 1st - Cooking with Quinoa